By Dennis Pierce
A growing number of schools are giving students regular access to their own achievement data, so they can monitor their learning trajectory—and this is having a huge impact on student performance.
In education, attendance is defined as a student’s physical presence in the classroom. Within each school year, hundreds of school days elapse for hundreds or thousands of students. Using data from your eSchoolPLUS student information system, attendance letters must be prepared according to each eligible student’s specific situation and the effect of their tardiness or absence on their education.
- Public school district comprised of one high school, divided into two campuses, serving about 3,000 students from the communities around Roselle, Ill.
- The district’s approximately 200 teachers seek to “inspire in students a sense of personal responsibility and a passion for learning while challenging them to reach their full potential.”
- With a reputation for excellence, the school has been ranked among the 500 best U.S. high schools by Newsweek.
Access to student information is essential for school administrators, who need to be on the go in support of student achievement and district activities.
- Public school district serving Naperville, Aurora, Bolingbrook, and Plainfield, Ill.
- About 29,000 students are enrolled in 33 schools, including three high schools, one alternative high school, seven middle schools, 21 elementary schools, and one preschool.
- By engaging school staff, families, and the community in its mission of “inspiring all students to achieve their greatest potential,” the district is experiencing significant success in student achievement. Approximately, 90 percent of students are meeting or exceeding state standards.
Replace an archaic student information system with one that connects teachers, students, and parents with data that supports student achievement.
- Public school district in Joliet, one of the fastest growing suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
- Two campuses, Central and West, with an innovative academy structure and strong emphasis on technology
- 6,000 students
Reinvent education to prepare 21st-century learners to compete and contribute in our global society.
Topics: student information system, eschoolplus, Joliet Township High School District, iepplus, efinanceplus, financial and human resources, PLUS 360, assessment, curriculum, special education, performanceplus